Post Date: 11/07/2022
Email Resume to: [email protected]
The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. The Staff Accountant should follow our standard payable process and procedures.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed assets
- Maintain and reconcile prepaid assets and various other asset accounts
- Maintain and reconcile various liability accounts
- Reconcile cash and due from accounts
- Assists with completion, review and submission of various regulatory reports
- Assists with completion of various monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and board reports
- Maintains an account history of various general ledger accounts – fixed assets, prepaid assets, accrued expenses, etc.
- Reviews and posts various monthly entries related to various general ledger accounts – depreciation expense, amortization expense, accrued expenses, etc.
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting related to branch profitability and production
- Ensure proper approval, processing and payment of vendor invoices
- Ensure proper approval, processing and reimbursement/payment of business expenses incurred by the institution’s employees.
- Proper recording of expenses as it relates to the types of expenses incurred by the Bank. Recording of expenses include by cost center, department, and/or branch.
- Perform various research projects related to accounts payable history.
- Works with the other accounting department members to ensure clearing of exception items for accounts related to the Staff Accountant function
- Annual 1099 reporting
- 2+ years bank accounting experience preferred
- College degree preferably in accounting
- Minimum of 12 hours of accounting pursuant to a college degree.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of computer operations (i.e. email, MS word and Excel, research software, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to the Company’s current Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Loan Operations software
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Austin, TX 78738: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)