In light of recent circumstances related to COVID-19, all Keystone Bank locations have temporarily moved to drive-thru banking services as of Monday, March 23.
What does this mean for you?
You can visit our drive-thru locations in Bee Cave and Ballinger during regular business hours for the same superior level of customer service you’ve come to expect from our team. Hartland Plaza customers can utilize the drive-thru at our Bee Cave branch to complete transactions from the comfort of your vehicle.
Online and mobile banking
With the Keystone Bank website and mobile app, you can also complete transactions at the touch of a button, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and chat directly with a Keystone Bank representative.
As we closely monitor the evolving novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the well-being of our customers remains our top priority. We already have strict health and safety standards in place at all of our Keystone Bank branches, but we want to share the additional, proactive steps our team is taking to ensure a safe and seamless banking experience.
- We are following daily COVID-19 updates and recommendations from the CDC, and we encourage you to do the same. Visit the CDC website or the Texas Department of Health & Human Services website for complete up-to-date information.
- With our current cleaning service, we have added extra maintenance that focuses on sanitizing all surfaces, door knobs and handles in our banks. We are also working to disinfect high-traffic areas throughout the day to limit the spread of germs.
- We are taking sensible steps to protect our team members, and everyone on the Keystone Bank team follows stringent guidelines for avoiding viral infection and transmission.
It is critical during this time that we all work together to follow recommended prevention guidelines from the CDC, which include:
Washing your hands
Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer.
Covering your cough or sneeze
Cover your mouth or nose with a tissue if you cough or sneeze and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Avoiding close contact
Put distance between yourself and others, especially those who are sick.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces in your home or at work. The CDC offers comprehensive disinfectant guidance here.
Staying home if you are sick
Stay home if you’re experiencing respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills or fatigue — and remain home until at least 24 hours after you’re fever-free (100 degrees F) without the use of fever-reducing medications.
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
Here are some ways you as a customer can actively limit your risk while continuing your regular banking activities:
- Utilize online and mobile banking to complete transactions. With the Keystone Bank website and mobile app, we put banking at your fingertips. Log in to your account online or download our free app to your mobile device to deposit checks, check and transfer balances, and even pay your bills — all without leaving home.
- If you need to visit a branch in person, use the drive-thru at our Bee Cave or Ballinger branches if possible. Our drive-thru is a great option to complete all of your banking transactions from the comfort of your vehicle.
- Use your debit card or mobile wallet versus cash. To mitigate the risk of spreading germs by touching cash, opt to use your debit card or the mobile wallet app on your phone for in-person payments.
As your community bank, we are doing everything we possibly can to provide a safe and healthy banking environment for you and your family. Our entire team is ready to work closely with you on any needs you may have during this uncertain time.
Check back here for updates as the situation evolves and please don’t hesitate to reach out by phone or email - we are here to assist with anything you need!
- Keystone Bank Team