Post Date: 12/30/2022
The Assistant Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring the Bank is in full compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations and internal policies, procedures and processes. They promote regulatory compliance by identifying, quantifying, reviewing, evaluating, and measuring compliance risk to ensure that all compliance areas are identified in accordance with regulatory compliance and strategic plans approved by the Board of Directors.
- Review current and proposed regulations in order to maintain a current and in-depth knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment and its impact on the financial industry and the Bank.
- Advise management on regulatory changes and assist in implementing the required changes to existing Bank policies and procedures.
- Review financial and management information systems, including the electronic banking services and electronic information system.
- Examine and evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of the compliance management system or CMS.
- Perform review on established systems for ensuring codes of conduct, compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, and the implementation of procedures and policies.
- Perform special investigations and carry out tests on the timeliness and reliability of the regulatory reporting.
- Issue reports to Bank management that detail the results of audits and recommended corrective action.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures for loss prevention, risk control, and compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Participate in planning, budgeting, and maintaining awareness of economic factors affecting the achievement of established organization goals.
- Attend Board, manager and committee meetings as required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Business Acumen
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
EDUACATION & EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to quickly learn new technologies
- Seven years current retail banking experience working in a financial institution
- Thorough knowledge of all Bank regulations such as deposit operations, loan operations, mortgage lending, electronic banking, Information Technology, CRA, Fair Lending, and other bank regulations
- Experience with software associated with various compliance-related audits such as Fair Lending, CRA, BSA
- Certifications such as CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager) or CCBCO (Certified Community Bank Compliance Officer)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Austin, TX 78738: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Keystone Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.